Wednesday, August 8, 2012

General Presbytery

General Presbytery meetings just concluded today, here in Louisville, Kentucky.  This was my (Brad) first experience at GP, so I thought I would give you a few of my impressions and thoughts.  First, I was very encouraged by the spiritual hunger that is apparent in our leaders.  We had a time of seeking God and prayer.  The Holy Spirit moved, we had tongues & interpretation and prophetic words.  More than one GP was literally weeping, asking God for another move of the Spirit.  2 Chronicles 7:14 was a theme.  I suspect we will be hearing more about that soon.

Secondly, one of Dr. Wood's core values is to skillfully resource the fellowship.  I am very excited to see that they are serious about this. The National Leadership & Resource Center (AG Headquarters) is working very hard on resource development that will benefit the local church.  Examples include digital media, better curriculum, coaching ministries, healthy church development, church planting, and trips to the Holy Land.  In future blog posts, I will highlight some of these initiatives. 

Finally, I was impressed again with our leadership.  I appreciate the vision of Dr. Wood and the Executive Leadership Team.  They love God and they love the church.  I also appreciate our Alaska Ministry Network Executive Presbytery.  One of the things we elect them to do is represent us at the national level.  Having been here, and seeing them interact with the other General Presbyters, I can tell you that they represent us very well.  Pastor Fay and I appreciated the opportunity to serve with them this year at General Presbytery, as the ordained female and ordained minister under 40.  Thanks for giving us this opportunity.  Here are a few pictures.


Pastor Gary plays the piano during worship at each session.


No comments:

Post a Comment